5 Amazing Cannabis Facts
1. Chocolate contains pharmacologically active substances that have the same effect on the brain as marijuana. Anandamide naturally occurring within chocolate binds to cannabinoid receptors and closely mimics the effects of cannabinoids. Chocolate edibles are not only delicious, but they can greatly enhance and increase the efficacy of the cannabis products when consumed together.
2. Studies have shown that chronic (no pun intended.) marijuana use (smoking a joint a day for over twenty years) does not cause lung damage or cause a higher risk of cancer. A joint a day can actually improve lung tissue. "Association Between Marijuana Exposure and Pulmonary Function Over 20 Years" - JAMA Internal Medicine 307, no, 2 Read from A Woman's Guide to Cannabis by Nikki Furrer pg.112
3. Cannabis plants are believed to have evolved over 12,000 years ago in southern Siberia of Central Asia. Archaeologists found burned cannabis seeds in kurgan burial mounds dating back to 3000 B.C. Stories even tell us that Chinese Emperor Shen Nung used cannabis around 2737 B.C. Read from: Beyond Cannabis Extracts pg. 11
4. The cannabis plant produces an entourage of cannabinoids and terpenoids that clearly modulate the effects of one another and often reduce the side effects of another. Known as the "Entourage Effect" a popular example is CBD reducing the anxiety that can be caused by THC. Read from: Cannabis Pharmacy pg. 24
5. Most cannabis varieties tend to be myrcene and limonene dominant, which may be linked to high THC production. These terps also significantly influence the psychoactive and medicinal effects. Read from: Cannabis Pharmacy pg. 50